The Field Services Technician is responsible for carrying out on-site installation, maintenance and repairs across approximately 300+ clients in the Austin area. A commitment to excellent customer service is demonstrated by being purpose driven, providing personalized support and executing with tenacity. You will be empowered to leverage Integritek’s ticketing platform and dashboards to manage your ticket que and will work in a team environment to enhance your knowledge and that of your teammates. Successful candidates enjoy interacting with customers and thrive on finding solutions to technical issues in a fast-paced environment. Must be self-motivated, possess a sense of urgency and demonstrate critical thinking skills.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
To successfully perform in this role, an individual must consistently demonstrate the following abilities:
- Ability to diagnose individual and client ecosystem issues by asking questions, listening to understand and identifying the client’s issue(s).
- Demonstrate and communicate a tenacious commitment to resolving the issue through attentiveness and patience.
- Embody the Integritek brand by building productive relationships built on trust, patience and results with internal staff, customers and vendor partners.
- Keep customers informed of progress, changes and solutions in a timely and effective manner that exceeds expectations and is in alignment with their culture and communication preferences.
- Maintain client specific documentation in Integritek’s systems according to standards and specifications.
- Handle surprises by acting cool under pressure and use positive language to de-escalate situations.
- Respect the client’s time and that of your team by efficiently exploring solutions and escalating when appropriate.
- Self-motivated to solve the issue and can act independently to prioritize and manage multiple client requests at a time.
- Insatiable appetite and willingness to learn and demonstrate a commitment to personal development by seeking out training opportunities and actively learning from teammates.
- Flourish in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with teammates who are results oriented and fast thinkers.
- Seek to overcome challenges and accept failure as an opportunity for improvement.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
This candidate will be expected to diagnose and resolve technical issues across a variety of hardware, software, and networking topics including but not limited to:
- Hardware diagnostics and repair
- Component replacement
- Network equipment installations
- Computer setup and deployments
- Printers and copier setups
- Troubleshooting network connectivity
- WiFi implementations
- Software troubleshooting
- Experience and knowledge of various server environments, not including administration
- Network protocols (TCP/IP, LDAP, Domain, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Desktop applications
- Networking and configurations (Switching, routing, firewalls)
- Web technologies (XML, HTML, CSS)
- UPS, load balancing power
- VoIP phone systems preferred but not required
Experience & Education
- Preferred certifications include CompTIA A+, Network+ preferred but not required
- 2 years experience in technical diagnostics and hardware/workstation support inclusive of client-facing customer service experience
- Degree valued but not required
- Ability to lift and move equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Reliable transportation and current auto insurance for local market travel for up to 75% onsite customer support.
- A general understanding of our industry is expected; familiarity with IT management consulting services is helpful.
- Adherence to all job-related practices, policies, and procedures.
- Previous work experience and education that align with the requirements of the job as outlined above.
- Constant, quick, and accurate use of a personal computer, automation systems, and office equipment.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, and providing managed services globally, Integritek is a premiere provider of technology services and support. Integritek was formed with the purpose of combining “integrity with technology.” Our primary goal is to be a trusted adviser to our customers, providing our services to them with the utmost integrity, honesty, and professionalism. The solutions we offer cover a wide range of technological needs; IT management, IT consulting, VoIP solutions, and a full array of communication services.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Customer Service: 2 years
- Tier 1 tech support: 1 year